Winter is coming to an end in just a few weeks, but sometimes it’s the last leg of this cold season that’s toughest! To help you make the most of the coming days, and get you all ready for spring, we have a few activities you might like to try!
1. Go on a Winter Picnic
Whether it’s with your special someone, your children or your friends, a winter picnic is a great way to get fresh air and spend quality time with your loved ones, even in the cold!
How? Be prepared!
Pack a couple of warm throw blankets, wear your down coat, and bring plenty of Swiss Miss in a thermos! Pair your hot cocoa with some pre-made sandwiches, and you’re on your way to having a fun lunch filled with fresh winter air.
2. Have a stay-cation at home
Late February to March can be filled with chilly, rainy, or even snowy days. But that doesn’t have to put a damper on your fun. Create a mini stay-cation for yourself at home with just a few ingredients!
- At-home spa masks! We love the L’Oreal Paris Pure-Clay mask, or the Yes To® Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Paper Mask.
- Choose a movie you’ve never seen before (or an old classic you love!) and make your living room into a home theatre.
- Sit back and indulge in a sweet treat, like this healthy banana chocolate mug cake!
- Invite some friends over for a classic board game night. (We’re thinking Jenga!)
3. Get ahead for spring, with end-of-winter cleaning!
We’re all familiar with spring cleaning, but why wait until the weather is nice to declutter? Get one step ahead by cleaning out your winter closet and sprucing up your home so that you’re ready to get outside and enjoy the springtime once it arrives.
What are your favorite activities to do when the weather is cold? Share them with us in the comments below, or better yet–show us! Tag us in a post on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter telling us your favorite cold weather activities!