Brining means to soak in or saturate with salted water. Whether you’ve tried brining a chicken before or not, this recipe with Kikkoman soy sauce will give your chicken a delicious flavor that everyone will love. Try this savory recipe with any one of the Kikkoman soy sauces, which include gluten-free and low-sodium options!
- 2 cups Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 Gallons water
- 1 1/2 Cups Kosher Salt
- 8 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large food safe container.
- Whisk until salt and sugar are totally dissolved.
- Place meat into brine.
- Leave in brine about 1 hour per pound of meat.
- Once done brining, pat meat dry before cooking. Roast the chicken and baste with Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
For more great recipes like these, check out the Smiley Recipe Box. Thousands of recipes can be found just one click away. Please feel free to post a comment below to share any of your personal favorite brining recipes, or just talk about food in general! There’s nothing like a tasty chicken dish, and with the Smiley Recipe Box, the possibilities are endless.