Today’s recipe comes to us from Courtney P. of Optimistic Mommy.
Light Pasta & Veggie Salad
• 1 Box Pasta (Macaroni or Bowties Work Best)
• 2 Cups Broccoli, Cooked and Cut Up
• 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Cut In Half
• 1 Cup Corn Kernels, Cooked
• 2 Carrots, Sliced
• 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
• 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
• 1/3 Teaspoon Pepper
1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Once it is finished cooking, drain and let cool complete.
2. After pasta is cooled, make the dressing. Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour over the pasta.
3. Next, mix all of the vegetables in with the pasta. Then pepper to taste.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, to let flavors combine.
Courtney is the author of Optimistic Mommy. Her blog is filled with a little bit of everything – from her personal life, to recipes and crafts, and reviews and giveaways! There’s a little something for everyone! Visit her on Facebook or Twitter.