Introducing Recipe Mondays. Every week we will feature a favorite recipe from a Smiley member. To kick it off, I’ll be sharing one of my favorite dishes to make when friends come over for dinner.
This dish has a great presentation, isn’t too hard to make and tastes amazing.
You’ll need the following:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
- 1 (2-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Pasta of your choice
- Sauce of your choice (Preferably pink sauce)
- Vegetables of your choice (Preferably green like asparagus)
Preheat over to 350˚ F
- Take the chicken breast halves and pound them to around 1/4″ thick
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper, coat with flour, then egg and Italian seasoning and bread crumbs
- Place the red pepper and mozzarella down the center of the breast, leaving a 2 inch space at one end. Then roll up the chicken from the other end and squeeze tight. Use the toothpick to help keep it together
- In a saute pan, heat the oil to around 350˚ F. Then place the chicken in the oil seam down and cook to a golden brown. Then flip and do the same on the other side
- Once all the chicken is cooked, move the chicken to a baking sheet and then cook for around 10 minutes
- Coat plates with the sauce, cut the breasts in half and serve in the center of the plate and add the cooked pasta of your choice. Add sauce of pasta
- Add vegetables of your choice
- Serve and enjoy!