It looks like our old Twitter party favorites Tweetgrid and Tweetchat are having some issues, and they will stop working altogether in June. You can use Tweetgrid as usual, but you may not see all tweets during the party.
We recommend trying OneQube’s SmartStream to make the most of your Twitter party experience. We’ve posted a step-by-step guide below on how to use it.
Remember, you don’t HAVE to use this tool. We think it’s a neat way to follow and participate in a Twitter party but if it’s not for you, you can stick to following the party on Twitter.com! Got questions? Now is the time to ask. Make sure you’re all set up before the party starts so you’re ready to go!
There are 5 quick steps to joining the party using the SmartStream.
- Visit OneQube.com and select “Register with Twitter”
- Authorize oneQube to use your account. Don’t worry, it’s safe. This just allows you to tweet through their software.
- Fill out the form and click “Get Started”. You can write “Smiley360” in the company field.
- And you’re in! Note that you only need to register once. The next time you come back, select “Login” at Step 1.
- Type the party hashtag (for example #BakingSodaTips) into the hashtag box and click “Set Hashtag”) Wait a few seconds for the tweets to display. Important: do not forget the ‘#’ symbol!
Once you’re in, you can party until you drop all from your SmartStream.
- Write your tweets in the tweet box and click tweet. The hashtag is conveniently pre-loaded into the tweet so you don’t have to type it every time. Pro tip: you can click & drag this box to wherever you want on the screen. Try putting it at the top!
- When this blue box appears, click it to see the newest tweets. This handy feature means you don’t have to miss a single tweet!
- This is what a tweet looks like. You can Reply and Retweet as normal.
- When you see @Smiley360 tweet the party question, it’s time to answer it! Remember, you don’t need to hit “Reply” when answering a question from us. As long as you have the party hashtag, we’ll see your tweet. It’s a great way to save characters! Please also label your answers with A1, A2, A3, etc.
Don’t know what a Twitter party is? It’s a virtual get-together of Smiley members on Twitter! Our members always ask us about ways to meet each other – and now you can! Join us for one of our regular parties!
Do you have any questions? Ask us on Twitter @Smiley360 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at the party!! -The Smiley360 Community Team