There are so many ways to make your everyday recipes and snacks spooky for Halloween time! These recipes are perfect to serve at a Halloween party, bringing to your child’s classroom, or giving out to your neighbors to spread some Halloween cheer! Here are some of our favorite tricks to scare-ifying your favorite recipes!
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Miniature Reese’s cups, unwrapped and frozen
- Candy Eyes
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie.
- Add the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.
- Melt chocolate chips
- Draw 8 legs on each spider cookie.
- 30 pretzels
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 tsp shortening
- Candy eyeballs
- Melt the white chocolate and shortening.
- Dip pretzels in the chocolate, using a fork to turn the pretzel over.
- Press two eyeballs into the top two holes
- Allow pretzels to rest and harden.
“Rotten” Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs, hard boiled & sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Green food dye
- Paprika and chia seeds to garnish
- Boil eggs
- Once eggs are completely cooked remove from heat and run under cold water.
- Gently crack the hard boiled eggs by rolling them on the counter.
- Place them in an zip lock bag.
- Add food dye of choice to zip lock bag. Roll eggs around to make sure they are fully coated.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Place your cooked egg yolks in a bowl & mash them with a fork. Stir in the mayo, mustard, worcestershire sauce and food dye.
“Ghostbusters” Green Slime Popcorn
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green and yellow food coloring
- 8 cups popcorn
- Place butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Add the green and yellow food coloring to create desired color.
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the “green slime” marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Stir with a large spoon until coated.
Chocolate Pretzel Monsters
- 1 bag of Pretzel sticks
- 1 bag of white chocolate
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Candy Eyes
- break apart pretzel sticks into small pieces and set aside
- Melt chocolate
- add 5-10 drops of green food coloring and stir.
- Mix in the pretzel stick pieces until they are completely covered in chocolate
- Scoop tablespoon size portions onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet
- Place in fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool.
Voodoo Doll Cookies
- 170g/6ozs butter, softened
- 280g/10 oz white caster superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 360g/12ozs all-purpose flour
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Icing pens with various colors and tips
- Mix together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/3 inch thick
- Cut out man shapes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
- Decorate your voodoo dolls