Recently, we’ve asked you to submit a video as a part of your One Million Members Mission. We LOVE all of the submissions we’ve received so far! Hearing about what makes you proud to be a Smiley member truly makes us… well, smile!
Since we’ve been receiving such great feedback, we’ve decided to share some tips and tricks on how to record a rockin’ video submission — for ongoing and future Smiley Missions! If you have yet to complete the One Million Members Mission, take notes.
Recording a Video Checklist:
- Find a room with good lighting. The best place to record is facing a window with blinds drawn. Make sure we can clearly see your face!
- We want to hear you! Find a quiet place, preferably a room with a closed door. Make sure the microphone you’re using produces quality sound. If your headphones have a built-in microphone, you can use those as a backup.
- Think about and rehearse what you’d like to say before pressing “record.” Make sure you speak clearly and your speech is articulate.
- Position your video as landscape. This pertains to cell phone recordings – make sure your phone is flipped to the side! You can even have someone else take the video for you.
- Introduce yourself and be yourself! We love all of our members and their different personalities. Let yours shine!
Here’s an example submission to use as a model:
Make sure you put our tips and tricks to the test on your One Million Members Mission today!
Be Heard. Be Happy.
The Smiley Team