In a world where social media is almost a necessity for any brand or company to be considered “relevant,” an article on Entrepreneur.com gives 5 reasons why websites still matter. While Facebook, Twitter and good ole “word-of-mouth” are great outlets for brand awareness, reports have shown that company websites still reign in popularity amongst consumers.
Despite the thousands of “likes” a business page might have on Facebook or “followers” on Twitter, it doesn’t match up to the 62% of people who visit branded sites on a regular basis. This statistic was a part ofthe latest Global Web Index report.
With this new finding, Entrepreneur.com gives these five reasons why you shouldn’t ignore brand websites:
1. Branding: A brand’s sets the tone. Named by you, designed by you and therefore giving YOU the ease of accommodating your user’s experience. And at the same time, directly supporting the brand’s business model & goals. As the brand’s official website, you also have no competition that’s visible to your visitors as they navigate the site.
2. IT & Engineering Jurisdiction: When a company control’s their own brand’s website, they have “complete jurisdiction over its code, hosting environment, page count, content, plug-ins and more.” Adjustments to any of the above can be easily made by your company (without having to go through a third party on Facebook or Twitter).
3. Content: More content can be accessed on your own website compared to what you can share/write on your social network’s profile page. Thus making content more compelling, informative and detailed. And in turn, engaging your consumers. You also have the freedom to format your content to your liking.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SERP’s (search engine result pages) are usually a part of sales & marketing strategies making SEO a must. When you have your own website, you can properly code and manage this and the traffic coming into the various areas of your website.
5. Analytics: Website analytics can provide you with a business intelligence that is needed to help determine how your online marketing is doing against the competition.
The reasons the author of the original article have given should be considered but by no means do they obligate you to do so. Utilizing both your website and a social network platform is great for any company/brand. These 5 items just show how brand websites are still relevant despite the current trend.
Original Source: Brand Websites & their relevance on Entrepreneur.com